Sunday, January 22, 2012

me and the environment =]

 The people starting to understand about the environment in the school, watching  tv  or listening your partners, but in my case I listened about environmental care about five or six years ago, when I starting to meet one of my best friend. She belong to a Chilean ecological organization called "EligeVeganismo" where one of his biggest concerns are the care of animals and the environment

Really, I don't have the time to Incorporate this habits, but I’m Recycling the leaves in my yard land to create compost for my plants.

In fact, inside the house we have other initiatives that have worked out well, such as using windows "thermopanel" ideal for the maintenance of temperature and have the pipes of water in the ceiling, to capture the heat that builds up.

I believe that the greatest effort made ​​to reduce my carbon footprint is to have a mini garden, use the "green bags" for basic shopping, and avoid using the car.

I'm really bad to walk out of sheer laziness. So if I use public transportation much, although I would like to have a car, it would use in certain cases and not to go to work. I spent some time using the bike but I'm not very good for long journeys and also the road infrastructure in Chile leaves much to be desired.

I sometimes think that in Chile, especially in Santiago becomes necessary to create permanent public policies in caring for the environment. A joint action of the environment ministry and other ministries, may well lead to changes in the region, one of the most polluted in the country (and world), and lazy people like me interested in this noble cause.


1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I'm really interested in learning about recycling. I would like to know how is the process to make compost with the leaves, it is needed some water too?

    Greetings

    ReplyDelete